My name is April, I am a CBD educator at Herbal Risings! I’ve been working in the cannabis space since 2014. Today, I’m going to answer a couple of questions that are frequently asked in our CBD Dispensaries: how long does CBD stay in your system?
Q: How Long Does CBD Stay in Your System?
A: For some people, CBD will leave your system within days. For others, it may take up to two weeks for CBD to completely leave the system. The amount of time CBD hangs around depends on several things including:
- Amount used. Just like calories, fat, caffeine, or other substances, the more amount used the longer it will hang around.
- Frequency of use. CBD will build up in your body over time. This is why we recommend using CBD for one week to determine if it’s the right choice for you. If you only use it occasionally, the CBD will clear from you system faster.
- Your unique body. Your body is an extraordinary machine with unique environmental experiences. The way you respond to CBD may not be the same as the way someone else does. The same can be said about any substance we introduce to our bodies.
- Food matters. Certain foods can affect the effect you feel from CBD. For example, citrus fruits may enhance the CBD’s effects due to terpenes which are chemically similar to cannabinoids. Hemp contains tons of terpenes, and they help make some kinds of hemp-derived CBD more effective. If you take CBD on an empty stomach, it will metabolize faster. If you take it with a little food, digestion will slow down the metabolization.
Q: How Do You Take CBD?
A: I am so glad you asked! CBD is available in all kinds of forms. The product you choose depends on the length of time you want the effect to last and the time you want it to stay in your body. The types of CBD you will find at the Herbal Risings CBD Dispensary MESA location include:
- Sublingual Oils (oral dropper)
- Topical Creams, Muscle Rubs, and Pain Sprays
- Beverages including: Tea Bags for brewing, Coffee, Flavored Sweet Syrups, and more
- Vapeable Cartridges, Juices, and Accessories
- Raw Hemp Flower for cooking, smoking or making your own tinctures
- Edibles: Gummies, Chocolate Bars, Honey Sticks, and more
- And there’s also CBD for pets!
Q: What Method Works Fastest?
A: When you inhale a vape CBD, it enters your lungs fast, but the effect disappears fast. If you’re looking for a similar effect, a sublingual tincture, applied under the tongue, will absorb into your cheeks and through your bloodstream and the effect will last longer. If you’re looking for a long-lasting effect, edibles are the way to go. Your body digests the CBD slower and your body will store it longer. Topical creams and muscle rubs can work right away but may take a few hours to feel the full effects.
Q: How Long Do The Effects Last?
A: The length of time CBD stays in your system is also in relation to the intensity of CBD effects also depending on the amount and application methods you use. Generally speaking, you will feel the peak of the effects between 2-6 hours.
Q: Will CBD Show Up on a Drug Test?
CBD will not show up on a drug test if it is made with CBD isolate. However, if the CBD product contains THC, then it is a possibility that a drug test will catch it because the drug tests are looking for THC, not CBD.
If you are concerned about drug tests, here’s a quick summary:
Full Spectrum: These products contain all the cannabinoids of the plant, not just the CBD.
CBD Isolate: This is the CBD extract which has been pulled and isolated from the plant.
There are many determining factors regarding the length of time CBD stays in your system. Most of the effects will be experienced within 3-4 hours of intake. However, if you are concerned about passing a drug test, we recommend using a product made from CBD isolate.